caret icon Back to all discussions

going for pft on February 24,2023 —- how do you a stress test from a wheelchair♿️♿️♿️!? | JAN 18, 2023 | HITE1955 With ‘ Doug ‘ INOGEN one g5 | IO-

My pulmonologist wants me to 6 minute 🔘🔘walking🔘🔘 test!!
how can this be ✅ done ✅ from a wheelchair ♿️♿️, I am in ir 24/ 7.
the only way I can do this on a stationary bike built for wheelchair-bound COPD ‘ers!!!!

1. That would have been a good question for your doctor. Call his office and ask the question so you will be better aware of what is about to happen. They can do a test that is medically induced but you may not want to do that.

1. It's my pleasure, Barbara - I enjoy the fact that we are colleagues here on COPD.net!
      Warmly,
      Leon (site moderator COPD.net)

2. My Phone system is DOWN!! The RESIDENTS CANNOT Use their phones at LILAC ~ at ~ BAYVIEW!

2. I am Y! Mailing this FORM to My PULMONOLOGIST, KISHWAR HUSAIN Of PULMONARY ASSOCIATES Of St AUGUSTINE, Located in FLAGLER HOSPITAL 🏥

1. Sorry www.COPD.net!!!!!!! feb 09, 2023, 2:00 🕑 PM, EST.
      THE CORRECT DATE OF PFT!!!!!!

3. Hi hite, did you ever figure this out? While I am not a medical expert, I believe that there is a medication they can give you which leads your body to work as though you are exercising. They can test your heart and lung function in that way. This is a common method of testing. Does your pulmonologist know that you do not walk? Don't be afraid to ask him about the details!

1. He can see and I hat I am in a wheelchair 🦽.
      I will ask Him about that there is a medication they can give you which leads your body to work as though you are exercising.

2. I am Y! Mailing The Form: “ Going For PFT On FEBRUARY 24, 2023 —- How Do You a STRESS TEST From a WHEELCHAIR 🦽!?

4. Wish Me LUCK ☘️🍀☘️🍀☘️🍀at My PFT, ToDay!!!!!!!!!

1. I expected more phlegm with SEVERE / Stage lll COPD, But lucky 🍀 I guess

2. It sounds like it didn't go too badly, then, all things considered! I am glad you seem to be feeling good about it. 😀 Did they make any changes to your meds or recommendations? Keep taking good care of yourself! -Melissa, copd.net team

Please read our rules before posting.