First of all, thank you to all the forum participants for honest questions/answers. As a newly-diagnosed person w/COPD, it is very helpful.
I would appreciate any guidance/suggestions/advice for the questions below: (sorry to be so long-winded, but this saga has been hell so far):
1) After 7 years of constant coughing & going to 8 different doctors (family physicians, ENTs, allergists, etc.) & everyone telling me I had "bad allergies"--a recent chest x-ray, (Aug. 2017) stated that I had early COPD (first they said emphysema; now they say chronic bronchitis).
2) Truth is, I've NEVER smoked in my life--but was around secondhand smoke daily for the first 35 years of my life (I'm 55 now). Each time my oxygen levels are tested, I have scored 97%! (I'm not super athletic, but I walk 5 miles per day, do free weights, etc.)
3) I was tested for the Alpha-1 genetic disorder--but that came back negative.
4) So, in addition to Flonase (sp?) & allergy medications, the doctor prescribed Dulera...I took it twice daily as prescribed. As of yesterday, my acupuncturist (who has been extremely helpful) said that I have developed irregular heart rhythms/heartbeats & recommended seeing a cardiologist ASAP. Have any of you experienced this issue w/Dulera?
5) Do any of you have voice loss? This has been going on w/me for over 7 years, along w/the constant coughing...(I am in front of people teaching, usually 7-8 hours a day, so this has been especially troublesome)
6) So, now, the new pulmonary specialist (truth is, I've only seen the nurse practitioner--seeing the actual doctor is obviously impossible in this city w/not so great medical care!) has recommended a CT scan to rule out tumors, etc.
7) Again, I apologize for being so self-absorbed, but I keep thinking that I may have been diagnosed with COPD & perhaps it could be a lung tumor--or something else. If anyone has any similar experiences w/being misdiagnosed, I would appreciate any guidance.
I appreciate any thoughts on the above....and Happy Thanksgiving!