Back to all discussions

Type of Doctor for copd

What type of doctor do I need to see for COPD?
I went to chest specialist & that was a waste of time & money. I've been using a CPAP machine about 15 years from sleep Apnea test.

  1. Hi Caroln, and thanks for your post/inquiry. Generally speaking, a specialist/pulmonologist may be the best category of doctor for you to see. A pulmonologist is specially trained and experienced in the treatment of pulmonary diseases, including COPD. I am curious as to what type of chest specialist you saw for which you experienced disappointment.
    You may want to also consider seeing the doctor who prescribed the CPAP machine for you so many years ago. Have you been back to see that physician since then?
    What do you think?
    All the best,
    Leon (site moderator

    or create an account to reply.