caret icon Back to all discussions

Feeling worried.

Hi. My partner who is the same age as me. He has COPD, lost half of one of his lungs, has had pneumonia and DVTB twice and also had lung cancer. He use to smoke cigarettes and drink a lot but gave them both up when he turned 50. I have noticed that he gets out of breath very easy, sweat, gets hot and as he puts it he’s totally buggered after doing the slightest thing. We can go for walks or do much of anything. We have only been together two years January 2021. I just don’t know much about his conditions and don’t know how to help him in any way. Does anyone think he should be seeing his doctor more, he only goes when he needs a prescription and he hates that. What should I do. Any advice would be great full. Thank you.

  1. I ma sorry to hear about what you are undergoing but I pray an dwish you better feeling soon bud.

    1. Hi , and thanks for your post. You may be aware, we cannot provide medical advice or diagnostics over the internet, (for your own safety), but your genuine concern certainly warrants a reply.

      It's understandable that you'd want to assist you partner - you may not have to know more detail about his condition to encourage him. If you feel he would derive some real benefit from seeing his physician, you may want to guide him in that direction. It is possible, his current treatment plan and/or medication regimen can be adjusted so that he can feel better. That would be something a physician can provide.

      If it makes it easier, you may offer to accompany him if you think that might make all this happen.

      What do you think?

      All the best,
      Leon (site moderator

      or create an account to reply.