caret icon Back to all discussions

can you feel the ribcage and can tell if you have a barrelchest? | January 22, 2023 | HITE1955 with: Doug lnogen one g5 | IO- 500

I want to know by running my hands down one’s rib cage if they are barrelechested?

1. Hi again, hite, and thanks for your post and question - it's a good one! Generally speaking, a barrel chest appearance can usually be detected visually. Of course, this can vary from patient to patient. The best person to assess and evaluate a barrel chest physical appearance would be one's physician. You may want to speak to your own physician about whether you are affected by this, hite.
    Should you want to read more about 'barrel chest', we have an article, published right here on COPD.net, which speaks to the topic. For your convenience, here is a link to the article: https://copd.net/clinical/barrel-chest. I do hope you find the information is helpful for your expressed concern.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

All the best,
    Leon (site moderator COPD.net)

1. I understand, hite, and thanks for your comment. Did you have an opportunity to look over the article (for which I provided a link), regarding a barrel chest appearance?
      Have a good night!
      Leon (site moderator COPD.net)

2. oh yes and saved it

2. I saved articles on barrel chest

Please read our rules before posting.