caret icon Back to all discussions

A Shoutout to Kloker and Intruder286

Hey Kloker and Intruder268,
Haven't heard from either of you knuckleheads (I use the term with affection) in quite a while. Is everything ok with you guys? Kloker, the last time I heard you posted was you were getting ready to move to Austin and not Waco. You were still building up to getting off the walker and if I remember correctly, had a new medical team? But haven't heard anything since. Any chance of an update? Intruder286, the last post I remember from you, you were recovering from having a nodule removed from your lung and it ended up being cancerous. You had just had the drain tube removed and was working towards being able to walk without assistance. I haven't seen a post since. Are you alright and how are you doing? Could you post an update? I miss you guys posting and both of you all's sense of humor. I look forward to hearing some updates with good news.

1. Hey Dminor and thanks for 'shouting out' to our 'missing' colleagues. I, too, have been thinking of them often. I do hope their silence here only means they are temporarily unable to access a computer and are still building themselves up to get back here with us.
    I remember when joined - he was (and still is!), a welcome and consistent participant. I think you and @Intruder286, started interacting here at a similar time and we all welcomed you and him with open arms.
    I've tagged them, as you can see - perhaps your post and the tagging will catch their attention somehow!
    I'm hoping (and praying) for them, too. We can all use some of that, eh?
    Wishing you well, too!
    Leon (site moderator COPD.net)

1. ,
      I am so glad to hear back from you! I am sorry to hear of your plight. I know you are a fighter and will never give up, so keep hanging in there. Glad you are off the walker. I can't believe your son stuck to you where the sun doesn't shine. All I can say to that is "what goes around, comes around" and it come back around to bite him in the a**. By his way of thinking the children around the world will never be out of debt to their parents for the upbringing that was provided.
      Glad you still listen to Four80East. I am hooked on them also. Whenever I am doing household chores, you can be sure they are playing in the background. Now that our move is complete (it went really well), I will start purchasing their music catalog also.
      Our new residence is 350 sq.ft. smaller than our old place, so that is an adjustment we are still getting used to. But for a monthly savings of about 450 dollars in bills, we will get used to it. It was just kind of a luck out find, my daughter saw it while walking her children around the neighborhood and basically here we are. Thank God for your neighbors. Their good karma will pay off for them. Hang in there kloker, stay strong, and keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

2. HI KLOKER!!! So glad to hear back from you. I am so relieved to hear from you! Also - that you are enjoying the music, too. I've always felt (like many here), that music sometimes is all that matters. As long as I have the tunes in my head - I am O-K-A-Y!!
      We are ALL thinking and pulling for you!
      Keep doing what you're doing and soon enough, you will start 'swimming' ahead instead of only 'treading water'.
      It's wonderful and uplifting to hear from you!
      Warmest wishes and regards,

2. Hey! I trust you got successfully moved? I've had no luck at all finding a place to live, in Austin or Waco. A couple more months and I will be getting desperate, and my wind up forced to store my stuff and live in a group home for a while. It seems that this year all the old Section 8, Hud, and other Federally funded apartments have gone by the wayside, as those programs are not even trying to keep up with need. So, all those apartment complexes went under, forcing everyone out as they could no longer qualify. My family literally deserted me, so no support there, my son sold a bunch of my stuff and pocketed the money, saying I owed him, which is a lie, so that relationship is on the rocks, and I have exhausted the support of several social workers. There is simply nothing out there I can afford or qualify for. Oh, well.

Health-wise, I did my PT and got mostly off the walker. My Vertigo exercises worked, and it and my dizziness are improved. Bur my stomach issues are much worse. I did make my first gastro appt. this week and will be going into the hospital on Dec. 9 for a full day of testing. Makes me a bit nervous as they will be putting me under for that and intubating me. But between my hiatal hernia and my gallstones I am having eating and digesting difficulties, so I am sick much of the time. The Dr. suspects possible bowel issues too. Guess I will find out. My regular team deserted me 7 weeks ago, as the Dr. had a sick child, and they had no way to cover me. I have run out of meds twice and the nurse literally said she did not care. I am scheduled for my first visit with the new Doc tomorrow. Meanwhile my stamina took a big hit since the last hospital stay and I am struggling to get through the days and try to keep up with chores. I do now have a new visiting podiatrist who is taking care of my feet and will be from now on, all covered, so that's big.

Overall, it feels like I am losing ground, slowly but steadily, in every way. It is not a happy feeling. I am scratching and clawing, but it is disconcerting and discouraging. I do still have the support of my neighbors, so I just have to keep on trucking. Not sure where I'm going, but time is going to make something happen. Guess I'll see what that turns out to be soon enough.

1. Hi kloker - I just got to this post of yours (to ), after I read your response to me and also @CopdGirl ).
      Wow - this is an information-filled update and really on par with your much-loved style of writing and communication with us here!
      You certainly are managing quite a lot. I am sorry, (as Dminor mentioned), of the disappointment in your son's behavior. I remember reading (not long ago), in a message-laden article - children should not be curt or abbreviated when they are speaking with their parents (sometimes multiple times a day), as the day will come when they actually long to hear their folks' voices. I know that is always on my mind - I miss my parents so (lost them in 1982, and 1996)! I am fortunate with my grown children. Your son should take heed!!!
      Keep at it, kloker - I also know you to be a fighter! Good luck with the new physicians and podiatrist. Your neighbors are truly G-d-sent!
      We are here, kloker - we will help in any way that we can!
      Warmly, always,

Please read our rules before posting.