Antibiotics, Mucolytics, & Opioids
Written by: Anna Nicholson and Emily Downward | Last reviewed: April 2018.
- Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, 2018 Report. Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Available at http://goldcopd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/GOLD-2018-v6.0-FINAL-revised-20-Nov_WMS.pdf. Accessed 4/3/18.
- Sethi S. Infection as a comorbidity of COPD. Eur Respir J. 2010 Jun;35(6):1209-15. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00081409.
- Davies L and Calverley PMA. The evidence for the use of oral mucolytic agents in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Br Med Bull. 2010 Dec;93(1):217-227. https://doi.org/10.1093/bmb/ldp050
- Vega CP. Best evidence review: mucolytics – an update on their use in COPD. Medscape. Available at https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/724391_2. Accessed 4/3/18.
- Ekström M, Nilsson F, Abernethy AA, Currow DC. Effects of opioids on breathlessness and exercise capacity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. A systematic review. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2015 Jul;12(7):1079-92. doi: 10.1513/AnnalsATS.201501-034OC.