Water Therapy for COPD Patients
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Hydrotherapy. (2018, September 20). Retrieved from https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tr3554spec
- Mooventhan, A., & Nivethitha, L. (2014). Scientific evidence-based effects of hydrotherapy on various systems of the body. North American Journal of Medical Sciences, 6(5), 199. doi: 10.4103/1947-2714.132935
- Huttunen, P., Kokko, L., & Ylijukuri, V. (2004). Winter swimming improves general well-being. International Journal of Circumpolar Health, 63(2), 140–144. doi: 10.3402/ijch.v63i2.17700
- Goedsche, K., Förster, M., Kroegel, C., & Uhlemann, C. (2007). Repeated cold water stimulations (hydrotherapy according to Kneipp) in patients with COPD. Complementary Medicine Research, 14(3), 158–166. doi: 10.1159/000101948
- Mcnamara, R. J., Mckeough, Z. J., Mckenzie, D. K., & Alison, J. A. (2012). Water-based exercise in COPD with physical comorbidities: a randomised controlled trial. European Respiratory Journal, 41(6), 1284–1291. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00034312
- Mcnamara, R. J., Mckeough, Z. J., Mckenzie, D. K., & Alison, J. A. (2010). Water-based exercise training for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. doi: 10.1002/14651858.cd008290