Women and COPD: How Is It Different?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Taking Her Breath Away: The Rise of COPD in Women (Disparities in Lung Health Series), American Lung Association, Copyright 2013. http://www.lung.org/assets/documents/research/rise-of-copd-in-women-summary.pdf
- Cote CG, Chapman KR. Diagnosis and treatment considerations for women with COPD. 2009.
- Laviolette L, Lacasse Y, Doucet M, et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in women.
- Canadian Respiratory Journal : Journal of the Canadian Thoracic Society. 2007;14(2):93-98.
- Han, et al. Gender and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Why It Matters. 2007.
- Torres, et al. Gender and COPD in Patients Attending a Pulmonary Clinic. CHEST. 2005.