Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Offers Promise for Managing COPD Anxiety
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Maurer J, Rebbapragada V, Borson S, et al. Anxiety and Depression in COPD. Chest. 2008;134(4). doi:10.1378/chest.08-0342
- COPD Symptoms. American Lung Association. https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/copd/symptoms-causes-risk-factors/symptoms.html. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- Xu W, Collet J-P, Shapiro S, et al. Independent Effect of Depression and Anxiety on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Exacerbations and Hospitalizations. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2008;178(9):913-920. doi:10.1164/rccm.200804-619oc
- Halpin D, Hyland M, Blake S, et al. Understanding fear and anxiety in patients at the time of an exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a qualitative study. JRSM Open. 2015;6(12). doi:10.1177/2054270415614543
- Heslop-Marshall K, Baker C, Carrick-Sen D, et al. Randomised controlled trial of cognitive behavioural therapy in COPD. ERJ Open Research. 2018;4(4). doi:10.1183/23120541.00094-2018
- What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/ptsd-guideline/patients-and-families/cognitive-behavioral.aspx. Accessed March 1, 2019.