New Study Offers Hope for Stopping COPD Lung Damage
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Trounson, A. (2018, May 08). Putting the brakes on lung disease. Retrieved May 6, 2019, from https://pursuit.unimelb.edu.au/articles/putting-the-brakes-on-lung-disease
- Oh, J. Y., & Sin, D. D. (2012). Lung inflammation in COPD: Why does it matter? F1000 Medicine Reports, 4. doi:10.3410/m4-23
- Immune response: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. (n.d.). Retrieved May 6, 2019, from https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000821.htm
- Agustí, A., Edwards, L. D., Rennard, S. I., Macnee, W., Tal-Singer, R., Miller, B. E., . . . Celli, B. (2012). Persistent Systemic Inflammation is Associated with Poor Clinical Outcomes in COPD: A Novel Phenotype. PLoS ONE, 7(5). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0037483
- Tsantikos, E., Lau, M., Castelino, C. M., Maxwell, M. J., Passey, S. L., Hansen, M. J., . . . Hibbs, M. L. (2018). Granulocyte-CSF links destructive inflammation and comorbidities in obstructive lung disease. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 128(6), 2406-2418. doi:10.1172/jci98224