COPD 101: What Is COPD?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- "What is COPD?" COPD Foundation, https://www.copdfoundation.org/What-is-COPD/Understanding-COPD/What-is-COPD.aspx, accessed 11/29/18
- COPD Guidelines, “Global Initiative For Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,” 2018, https://goldcopd.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/GOLD-2018-v6.0-FINAL-revised-20-No v_WMS.pdf, accessed 10/9/18
- "What causes COPD?" American Lung Association, https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/copd/symptoms-causes-risk-factors/what-causes-copd.html, accessed 11/20/18
- Brode, Sarah K., et al., "Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: a commonly overlooked cause of lung disease," Canadian Medical Association Journal, 2012, September 4, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447047/, accessed 11/29/18
- “What is COPD?” CDC.gov, https://www.cdc.gov/copd/basics-about.html, accessed 11/29/18
- “Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease,” NIH.gov, https://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=77, accessed 11/29/18
- "Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," World Health Organization, https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease-(copd), accessed 11/29/18