What Is Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Brode, Sarah K., Simon C. Ling, Kenneth R. Chapman, “Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency: A commonly overlooked cause of lung disease,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, 2012, Sept. 4, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447047/, accessed 4/21/19
- “Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Symptoms and Treatment,” UPMC Children’s Hospital, http://www.chp.edu/our-services/transplant/liver/education/liver-disease-states/alpha-1-antitrypsin-deficiency, accessed 4/21/19
- ELANE gene, genecards, https://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=ELANE, accessed 4/21/19
- “What is alpha-1?” Alpha-1 Foundation,” https://www.alpha1.org/what-is-alpha1, accessed 4/21/19
- “Alpha-1 Antitrypsin,” AACC Lab Tests Online, https://labtestsonline.org/tests/alpha-1-antitrypsin, accessed 4/21/19
- Diagnosing and treating alpha-1 deficiency,” American Lung Association, https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/alpha-1-antitrypsin-deficiency/diagnosing-treating-alpha-1.html, accessed 4/21/19