Does anyone else have bowel issues?

I’m on O2 24/7 @ 5 LoL, stage 4 at least. I’m having trouble with my bowels trying to loosen when I walk a few ft. and I’m struggling for air. Is it just me???

Community Answers
  • nedra
    2 months ago

I feel like many things come with our disease COPD as we further navigate down the road. Yes I too have bowel problems, 2 senna a day and a little senna tea. We don’t

2 months ago

Hi nedra – thanks for your post. It’s true – there are several comorbidities that are associated with COPD. I thought this article might provide you with some additional insight: https://copd.net/clinical/12-comorbidities/. I hope you find it to be helpful. All the best, Leon (site moderator)

• Green1960
    3 months ago

I take dolcolax. Daily and Senna. Also warm prune juice and mom..mine is very severe. I broke my back and was paralyzed and in hospital almost year. No I didn’t fall. Just woke up n couldn’t walk. Why? Due to so much Prednisone and it gave me osteoporosis..all bc of cops. Morphine and fenypatches which constipated is me badly..but there was a miracle and I was able to walk again. Alot of therapy. I’ll try to write my ordeal when I get time on my profile. God bless all of you…

• Green1960
    3 months ago

Cops should be COPD.

• BestiCanDo author
    3 months ago

Hi Green1960; I would be interested to hear your story for sure, when you’re ready. I’m terribly sorry you had to go through all of that, but just as happy that you’re walking! Take care. : ) Shelley

3 months ago

Hi Green1960 and thanks for your post(s). We get that particular typo (‘cops’ instead of ‘copd’) from time to time, so we understand!
    Sorry to hear of your ‘ordeal’, as you termed it. I believe the community will be interesting in reading about your story when you are ready to share it. I’m glad to hear you are walking again!! Leon (site moderator)

3 months ago

Hi BestiCanDo and thanks for your post/inquiry. As you can see, one of our members have already chimed in in response to your question. (thanks, nena56!)
    You may be aware that frequently, other medical conditions can accompany COPD. The term for that is ‘comorbidities’. Since you described symptoms associated with your condition, and indicated this is a concern of yours, I would suggest you speak with your physician about this. The doctor may be able to help you to manage this. What do you think? Leon (site moderator)

• BestiCanDo author
    3 months ago

Thank you for your reply. I will talk with my Dr for sure. : )

3 months ago

Hi again, BestiCanDo and thanks for responding. Good luck speaking with your physician. Please do check back and let us know how the conversation turned out. Warmly, Leon (site moderator)

• nena56
    3 months ago

I have colitis! That’s why I have bowel problems! I haven’t yet had problems with breathing. I wonder if you are having a flare up? You should get in touch with your doctor.

• BestiCanDo author
    3 months ago

Nena56, I have IBS, it’s not that, it’s different. I’m going to speak with my Dr about it. I really appreciate your time. Thank you : )

• nena56