Depression and COPD Part III: What Do We Do About It?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Wilson I. Depression in the patient with COPD. International Journal of COPD. 2006;1(1):61-64. doi:10.2147/copd.2006.1.1.61
- Connolly M, Yohannes A. The impact of depression in older patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. Maturitas. 2016;92:9-14. doi:10.1016/j.maturitas.2016.07.005
- Simpson A, Rocker G. Advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: rethinking models of care. Qjm. 2008;101(9):697-704. doi:10.1093/qjmed/hcn087
- Tselebis A, Bratis D, Pachi A, et al. A pulmonary rehabilitation program reduces levels of anxiety and depression in COPD patients. Multidisciplinary Respiratory Medicine. 2013;8(1):41. doi:10.1186/2049-6958-8-41
- Cognitive behavioral therapy. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy. Published October 6, 2018. Accessed October 9, 2018.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness-based_cognitive_therapy. Published September 8, 2018. Accessed October 9, 2018.