Participating Anonymously on COPD.net
Sometimes, it can be difficult to talk about COPD. A powerful stigma often surrounds a COPD diagnosis. You may not feel comfortable sharing with friends and family. But even if you choose to be private, you can still connect with others in the COPD community.
At COPD.net, there are different ways to participate, learn, and talk with others.
Create an anonymous username on COPD.net to engage without revealing your identity. Check out the instructions below to learn more about participating anonymously.
Create an anonymous username
- Choose a username that does not use your first or last name. Avoid any nicknames that might easily identify you.
- Register for COPD.net.
- Enter your anonymous username.
- Enter your email address. Your email will not be visible to other users on COPD.net. We never sell or give away email addresses. Your email will only be used to log in to your account. You can also choose to get our weekly newsletter at this email address.
Talk about your COPD journey
Once you log in, you will be able to participate on COPD.net and also maintain your privacy. You can share as much or as little as you want about your COPD journey. If you choose to remain anonymous, make sure you do not post any identifying information.
Some examples of identifying information are:
- Your city or region (mentioning your state or country is usually fine!)
- Full names of family members or friends
- Your employer
- Detailed medical information
Write an anonymous story to share what you are going through with the community. Your story can be about anything to do with COPD. You can also write about supporting someone else with COPD. Remember, do not include any identifying information if you would like to remain anonymous.
Read some of the stories submitted by other COPD.net community members:
Comment on articles
At COPD.net, our community advocates write articles about life with COPD. If an article speaks to you, feel free to comment and share your thoughts. Only your anonymous username will be visible.
Now you know the many ways to keep your activity completely private on COPD.net.
Thanks for being part of our community!
Which topics are you most interested in learning about on COPD.net? Select all that apply.