A Glass of Wine with Dinner?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Ryan M, Merrick EL, Hodgkin D, et al. Drinking Patterns of Older Adults with Chronic Medical Conditions. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2013;28(10):1326-1332. doi:10.1007/s11606-013-2409-1
- Holland K. COPD and Alcohol: Is There a Connection? Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/copd/copd-and-alcohol. Published November 2, 2018. Accessed November 16, 2018.
- Park J-E, Ryu Y, Cho S-I. The Association Between Health Changes and Cessation of Alcohol Consumption. Alcohol and Alcoholism. March 2016. doi:10.1093/alcalc/agw089
- Diet Quality Worsens as Alcohol Intake Increases. National Institutes of Health. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/diet-quality-worsens-alcohol-intake-increases. Published October 5, 2015. Accessed November 16, 2018.
- Krans B. Can Drinking Alcohol Affect Your Cholesterol Levels? Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/health/high-cholesterol/effects-of-alcohol. Published July 24, 2018. Accessed November 16, 2018.