6 Interesting Facts About The Respiratory System You May Not Know
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Scanlan, Craig L., Charles B. Spearman, Richard L. Sheldon, "Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care," 6th edition, 1995
- Shier, David, Jackie Butler, Ricki Lewis, editors, "Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology," 7th edition, 1996
- Mitzner, Wayne, “Airway Smooth Muscle: The Appendix of the Lungs,” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 2004http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/rccm.200312-1636PP#.WBDDD9ArLC0, accessed 10/26/2016
- Dickson, et al., "The Microbiome and the Respiratory Tract," Annual Review of Physiology, 2016, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26527186, accessed 10/27/16
- Dickson, et al., "The Role of Bacteriol Microbiome in Lung Disease," Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, 2013, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4007100/, accessed 10/25/16