Depression and COPD Part I
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Connolly, M. J., & Yohannes, A. M. (2016). The impact of depression in older patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. [Abstract]. Retrieved September 19, 2018, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27621232.
- Dahlen, I., & Janson, C. (2003). Anxiety And Depression Are Related To The Outcome Of Emergency Treatment In Patients With Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, 23(3), 236. doi:10.1097/00008483-200305000-00015
- Coventry, P., Panagioti, M., Scott, C., & Blakemore, A. (2014). Overview of the prevalence, impact, and management of depression and anxiety in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 1289. doi:10.2147/copd.s72073
- Mikkelsen, R., Middelboe, T., Pisinger, C., & Stage, K. (2004). Anxiety and depression in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Anxiety and Depression in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). A Review. Retrieved September 19, 2018, from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14985157.
- Yohannes, A. M., Baldwin, R. C., & Connolly, M. J. (2003). Prevalence of sub-threshold depression in elderly patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 18(5), 412-416. doi:10.1002/gps.851
- Wilson, I. (2006). Depression in the patient with COPD. International Journal of COPD, 1(1), 61-64. doi:10.2147/copd.2006.1.1.61