Incorporate Yoga Into Your Daily Routine for Some COPD Benefits
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Yoga. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/yoga. Published October 31, 2018. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Benefits of Yoga. American Osteopathic Association. https://osteopathic.org/what-is-osteopathic-medicine/benefits-of-yoga/. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Fulambarker A, Farooki B, Kheir F, Copur AS, Srinivasan L, Schultz S. Effect of yoga in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2012;19(2):96-100. doi:10.1097/MJT.0b013e3181f2ab86
- Gupta A, Gupta R, Sood S, Arkham M. Pranayam for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Results From a Randomized, Controlled Trial. Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2014;13(1):26-31.
- Zoler ML. CHEST: Yoga performs like pulmonary rehab for COPD patients. MDedge Psychiatry. https://www.mdedge.com/chestphysician/article/103908/pulmonology/chest-yoga-performs-pulmonary-rehab-copd-patients. Published December 8, 2018. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Top 5 yoga tips for COPD. Oxygen Solutions. https://oxygensolutions.com.au/top-5-yoga-tips-for-copd/. Accessed January 4, 2019.