Another year has flown by – is it just me, or does time move faster as we age? It feels like it was just yesterday that the COPD.net community launched, but it’s been over six months now! Where did the time go?
Over the past several months, we’ve posted a lot of stories, tips, tricks and suggestions for managing COPD, but sometimes, these recommendations are easier said than done. To make achieving our goals a bit less overwhelming, every January we as a society vow to make a “resolution” for the New Year. One thing to focus on that we feel will enrich our lives. Some of us hope to lose weight; some would like to travel; some wish to climb the corporate ladder; and some of us pledge to focus on our health.
So we asked you in the community what your resolutions are for the new year. When it comes to managing COPD, what goals do you hope to achieve in 2016?
Here are some of the resolutions you shared:
“Continue a ‘normal’ life and be grateful for what I still have”
- “I’m going to try and live life as normal as I can, whatever my normal is, lol”
- “I plan to be grateful for what I can still do and patient about bad days.”
- “Being grateful for what I can still do is a great start.”
“Work on my breathing”
- “I’ll be whistling, playing the recorder, using the spirometer gadget and walking as much as possible…The above is my plan to blow the clogged up sponges as much as possible.”
- “I’m going to go back to pulmonary rehab, and take my meds (if I can afford them).
- “Take one day at a time and just breathe as easy as possible”
- “Continue singing. I’ve been told that singing is good pulmonary therapy”
“Exercise the best I can”
- “I just started working out at the gym connected to our hospital in hopes of building up my stamina.”
- “I’m going to walk more and work on weight loss.”
- “Just gotta stay active. Slowly but surely.”
“Fight for my life”
- “I will fight against this as long as I can!”
- “My goal is not to give up on life and continue to be strong even when it’s hard”
- “I have five grandchildren who I want to continue to watch grow and mature…I want to live”
How about you? What does 2016 have in store for you? How do you hope to make this a year worth remembering?
And of course, a special thank you to all of you in the community who shared your thoughts and resolutions with us.
We wish you all a happy and healthy New Year!