10 Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Guidelines for Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs, 4th Ed., Human Kinetics, 2010, pages 1-4
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, Global Strategy For The Diagnosis, Management, And Prevention Of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD Guidelines), Updated 2016, pages 26-29
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, What Are The Benefits And Risks of Pulmonary Rehabilitation? http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pulreh/benefits, accessed March 15, 2016
- Medscape, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Acute Exacerbations of COPD: Does PR Reduce AECOPDS?, http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/773926_3, accessed March 15, 2016 National Jewish Health, COPD Treatment: Pulmonary Rehabilitation, https://www.nationaljewish.org/healthinfo/conditions/copd-chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease/treatment/pulmonary-rehabilitation, accessed Marck 15, 2016
- Lan, et al, Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Patients With COPD and Normal Exercise Capacity, Respiratory Care, September 1, 2013, vol 58, no. 9