Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

Legacy

Over the years, COPD.net has lost powerful voices in the COPD community. Hear the stories of those who are no longer with us as we celebrate their life and message.

Debz Borge

Debz was diagnosed on the 6th of July 2016, and was rushed into the hospital that day after 3 weeks at home with a chest infection. Before this, her GP had asked her if she wanted to do the lung function test on numerous occasions but she always declined the offer (She was frightened to hear the truth). For her and her hubby, it was the scariest time of their lives. Read more.

Liana Collet

Liana was first officially diagnosed with emphysema in 2014 but knew there was something wrong before that. She went through 3 draining cancers, two breast cancers, and one cervical. Although she have been through the mill, her sense of humor and her positive attitude have seen her through some pretty rough times. Read more.

Carol Kirker

Carol was from Massachusetts, where she lived with her husband of 39 years. They moved to the state of Texas to be closer to their grandchildren. Read more.

Barbara Moore

Barbara is 62 years old and living in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. She was diagnosed with COPD in late 2015 at the age of 59 but suffered gradually worsening symptoms over the 10 years previous. Barbara has learned through support and rehab that life with chronic illness is easier with a positive attitude. Read more.

Mary Ultes

Mary had stage four COPD for 17yrs & end-stage COPD for 8 yrs. After being diagnosed with COPD, & on oxygen 24/7 I kept smoking on & off for nine years. 8 yrs ago after I almost died for the third time, besides using oxygen 24/7 I had to use a nonintrusive ventilation device, (known to most as a BI-PAP) 24/7. One year later I was put on Hospice & given less than 6 months to live. I was a Hospice patient for 3 & 1/2 years. The doctors kept telling me I was dying. However, I choose not to believe them, and by the grace of God, so far, I’m right and they’re wrong. Read more

With the exception of medical doctors, contributors and moderators at COPD.net are compensated for their contributions to the COPD.net community. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us at contact@copd.net.

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy.