COPD and Diabetes: What’s the Deal?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Shier, david, Jackie Butler, Ricki Lewis, editors, “Hole’s Human anatomy & Physiology,” 1996, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, pages 515-518, 722
- Hillas, et al., “Managing Comorbidities in COPD,” International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 2015, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4293292/, accessed 8/26/17
- Mandal, Ananya, "What is insulin?" News Medical Life Sciences," 2008, October 14, https://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-Insulin.aspx, accessed 8/14/17
- Mooi, Richard, "Anatomy and Physiology: An Illustrated Guide," 2010, New York, Marshall Cavendish, pages 71-72
- Glucagon, Diabetes.co.uk, http://www.diabetes.co.uk/body/glucagon.html, accessed 8/14/17
- Leslie, David R., et al., editors, "Diabetes: Clinician's Desk Reference," 2013, Manson Publishing, pages 11-17
- "Type 2," American Diabetes Association, http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/type-2/, accessed 8/14/17
- Rogliani, Paola, et al., "Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Diabetes,"COPD Research And Practice, 2015, https://copdrp.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40749-015-0005-y, accessed 8/14/17
- Caughey, et al., “Comorbid Diabetes and COPD,” Diabetes Care, 2013, September 14, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4293292/, accessed 8/26/17