Risk factors for developing COPD if you have asthma?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The COPD.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- COPD Guidelines. Global Initiative For Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD), 2018, https://goldcopd.org/gold-2017-global-strategy-diagnosis-management-prevention-copd/, accessed 4/12/19, page 11
- “Asthma May Raise Risk of COPD, Emphysema,” webmd.com, 2004, July 12, https://www.webmd.com/lung/copd/news/20040712/asthma-may-raise-risk-copd-emphysema#1, accessed 4/11/19
- deMarco, et al, "Risk factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a European cohort of young adults," American Journal of Respiratory And Critical Care Medicine, 2001, April 1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20935112, accessed 4/17/19
- McGeachie, Michael J., "Childhood asthma is a risk factor for the development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease," Current Opinion Of Allergy And Clinical Immunology, 2018, April 1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5577926/, accessed 4/17/19
- Tai, "The Association Between Childhood Asthma And Adult Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," Thorax, 2013, https://thorax.bmj.com/content/69/9/805, accessed 4/18/19
- Mattes, Joerg, Peter G. Gibson, "The early origins of COPD in severe asthma: the one thing that leads to another or the two things that come together?" British Medical Journal, https://thorax.bmj.com/content/69/9/789, accessed 4/17/19
- Kim, So Ri, Yang Keun Rhee, "Overlap Between Asthma And COPD: Where The Two Diseases Converge," Allergy, Asthma, And Immunology Research, 2010, Oct., https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2946698/, accessed 4/17/19