Bone and Muscle Conditions Linked to COPD
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last reviewed: July 2015.
- Mayo Clinic. “Osteoporosis.” Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/osteoporosis/basics/definition/con-20019924 [Accessed 16 January 2015.]
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management and Prevention of COPD, 2014. Available at: http://www.goldcopd.org/ [Accessed 16 January 2015.]
- American Thoracic Society / European Respiratory Society Task Force. Standards for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients with COPD [Internet]. Version 1.2. New York: American Thoracic Society; 2004 [updated 2005 September 8]. Available from: http://www.thoracic.org/go/copd [Accessed 16 January 2015.]
- Kim HC et al. Skeletal muscle dysfunction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. International Journal of COPD. 2008;3(4):637–658.
- Mador MJ and Bozkanat E. Skeletal muscle dysfunction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiratory Research 2001;(2):216-224